Saturday, May 1, 2010

Purple Clover – Page 8, Part 3

image
On this day Chastena visited with the American poet, Emily Dickinson. Ms. Dickinson would have died in 1886, only a few years before this clipping was selected to appear in Chastena’s private collection. In our family, poetry was always a centerpiece. I think it was far more appreciated at this time than it is today where it’s nearly a lost art and poetry books languish on store shelves. What a shame. I’m so happy to share these with my children.
image
©Copyright 2010

2 comments:

  1. How WONDERFUL! Wow! What stories! Your kids are going to so appreciate all of this...

    BTW, Emily Dickinson and Robert Frost are my two favorite American poets! Love them. And what a legacy you have! Terrific! I think I've missed a few of these posts...will have to go back and catch up...but am heading to bed now...so will have to catch them later! Love you so much! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem. You're right Robynn, we don't appreciate poetry as much today. I read a lot when I was young. I loved the picture in the journal. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete